Why Do I Need It?
We understand how important it is to be comfortable with your cover so we’re glad you chose QBE to take care of your insurance. As the largest Australian owned general insurer and reinsurer, QBE has been taking care of the insurance needs of Australians since 1886. Safe, strong and secure, you can be confident you’ve made a great choice.
When Can I Claim?
- Accidental damage – Collision or crash, (regardless of whether the other person is insured)
- Theft or attempted theft and/or vandalism
- Environmental damage – Storm, fire, flood, earthquake
What Can I Claim?
- Damage to another person’s vehicle and property
- Amount covered depends on circumstances
- Emergency repairs to get you home or to a repairer
- Up to $500 is allocated for essential temporary repairs so your vehicle can be driven immediate after an incident.
- Emergency travel if your car is not safe to drive
- QBE covers up to $50 of your travel expenses so you can return home if your vehicle can’t be driven after an incident.
- Emergency accommodation
- If you are more than 150kms away from home and your vehicle can’t be driven safely as a result of an incident, QBE will pay $1,000 towards the costs of essential accommodation and the transport of you and the occupants of your vehicle.
- Fatality Cover
- If an insured or nominated driver sustains a fatal injury within 12 months of, or as a result of an incident covered by this policy, QBE will pay $2,500 to the deceased’s estate.
- Keylocks and barrels – replace and recode
- Where your keys are stolen, by your family, someone who lives with you or someone who was invited to your house, and you make a Police report, QBE will cover up to $1,000 towards replacing your keys and if necessary the recoding of your car’s locks.
- New for old replacement vehicle
- If your vehicle is a total write-off, QBE will provide you with a new replacement vehicle of the same make and model or nearest equivalent in the market at the time of loss provided you are the original owner and you have insured your vehicle with QBE from new. And your vehicle is less than two years old and has been driven less than 20,000 kms.
- Personal items
- QBE will cover up to $500 of your personal effects, if they are damaged in your vehicle as the result of an incident that they accepted a claim for. (This excludes theft or attempted theft).
- Repair lifetime guarantee
- QBE guarantee the quality of the repairs (including sub let repairs) authorised by them for any defect due to faulty workmanship or faulty material for the life of your vehicle.
- Towing costs
- QBE cover reasonable towing costs to tow your vehicle to the nearest repairer, place of safety or another place that they have authorised.
- Trailer cover
- If your trailer is a single axle box trailer, QBE pay for the cost of repairs or replacement up to a limit of $1,000 if it is stolen or damaged when attached to your vehicle.
- Re-delivery costs
- If you live more than 100km from where QBE authorise repairs, QBE will pay up to $750 to deliver your vehicle to your home.
- QBE pay up to $100 towards stolen or damaged tools owned by you and carried for use on your vehicle, provided the tools are not used in connection with your trade or occupation.
- Uninsured motorist benefit
- If the other driver is 100% at fault, and has no insurance, you are still covered.
- Choice of repairer
- QBE will either refer you to a QBE accredited repairer or you can nominate a repairer of your choice.
For theft or attempted theft…
- Car hire
- QBE will reimburse you up to $1,000 for 14 days, until your vehicle is found, or until we pay your claim, to cover car hire costs.
- New for old replacement (Insure your brand new car from the time of purchase and if it’s written-off within the first four years (up to 100,000km), QBE will replace it with a new one.)
- Hire car until your claim is settled, regardless of whether it was stolen or damaged in an incident. (14 days)
- No claim bonus protection (Allows you to make one at-fault claim and retain your No Claim Bonus discount on your next renewal. If you retain your maximum No Claim Bonus for two years (with no at-fault claims), you can opt to protect it for life.)
- Excess-free windscreen and window glass replacement
- Policy lifetime No Claim Bonus protection
Why Is QBE Different?
With numerous choices priced to fit virtually any budget, QBE can provide the coverage you want at a price you can afford.
- Flexible excesses – lower your premium by selecting a higher excess
- No Claim Bonus discount – if you’ve been claim-free for five years you’ll get QBE’s maximum discount
- Over 50s discount – senior policyholders can save.
Our knowledgeable representatives can answer all of your questions and offer advice about a variety of insurance and used car warranty options.