Why Do I Need It?
NRMA Insurance have been protecting Australians and the things they value for over 85 years. Over that time they’ve built a wealth of invaluable knowledge and experience. This helps provide you with great customer service and quality cover, to better protect the things you value.
When Can I Claim?
- Accidental damage – Collision or crash, vandalism or a malicious act
- Theft or attempted theft and/or vandalism
- Environmental damage – Storm, fire, flood, earthquake, explosion, tsunami
What Can I Claim?
- Baby capsules or child seats
- Up to $500 each
- Damage by uninsured driver
- Up to $5,000 in total for damage to your vehicle
- Damage to another person’s vehicle and property
- Up to the value of $20 million
- Emergency repairs to get you home or to a repairer
- Up to the value of $800
- Keylocks & barrels – replace and recode
- Up to $1,000
- New for old replacement
- If your car is written off in its first two years
- Personal items
- For all vehicles except motorcycles, up to $500 for certain items. If you have a motorcycle, up to $2,000 for your protective clothing.
- Storage costs
- The reasonable costs to store your vehicle
- Temporary Insurance Cover
- 14 days cover when you change vehicles
- Severe weather damage
- Storm, fire, flood, earthquake, explosion, tsunami
- Tools of trade for business use vehicles
- up to value of $1,500 for certain items
- The reasonable cost of one tow
- Trailer or caravan damage
- Up to $1,000
- Windscreen, sunroof and window glass damage
- Cost to repair or replace your windscreen, sunroof or window glass
For theft or attempted theft…
- Car hire costs of up to $65/day for 21 days
What Else Can I Cover Myself For NRMA?
Comprehensive Plus Car Insurance covers everything that their Comprehensive Car Insurance covers, plus:
- Hire car up to $95 a day until your car is repaired or your claim is settled
- Excess-free windscreen, sunroof and window glass damage
- Taxi fares
- Vehicle pick up and return
Optional extras you can add to your policy to increase your cover include:
- Hire car: $65/day for 14 days
- Windscreen: repair or replace your vehicle’s windscreen, sunroof, or window glass without paying the basic excess
- No Claim Bonus Protection: your No Claim Bonus won’t change for the first claim you make in a policy year, even if you’re the driver who caused the incident
- If you drive for a ridesharing service like UberX, this is included in your cover for only $2/day
Why Is NRMA Different?
Depending on your priorities we can recommend NRMA policies that:
- Only start from $1.60/day
- Offer 24/7 paperless claims service
- Provide you with your choice of repairer
- Provide a lifetime guarantee on repairs
NRMA have a 24 hour Claims line to offer a simpler way to make a claim, so that you’re back on your feet as quickly as possible.