Why Do I Need It?
Every car is different, and so is every driver. So why try to shoehorn everyone into the same Car Insurance policy? Budget Direct has a range of options that let you tailor your Car Insurance policy to give you all the cover you need at a price you can afford.
When Can I Claim?
- Accidental damage – Collision or crash
- Theft or attempted theft, vandalism and malicious damage
- Environmental damage – Storm, flood, hail
What Can I Claim?
- Baby capsules and child seats
- o up to $500
- Damage by an uninsured driver
- Damage to another person’s vehicle and property
- Up to $20 million
- Emergency transport and accommodation
- up to $850 in costs
- Fatality Cover
- Budget Direct will pay $5,000 to your legal representative if your death results within 12 months from injury caused in an accident while driving the car. The maximum payable for any accident is $5,000.
- Key locks and barrels – replace and recode
- up to $1,000
- New for old replacement
- Insure your brand new car from the time of purchase and if it’s written-off within the first two years (up to 40,000km), Budget Direct will replace it with a new one.
- No Claim Discount Protection
- You are entitled to make 1 claim during the current period of insurance, or 2 claims in a 3-year period without affecting your No Claim Discount. For additional claims, your No Claim Discount will be reduced on renewal.
- Personal items damaged or stolen when your car is stolen will be repaired or replaced
- up to $500
- Remove accident debris from the road up to $500
- Towing a trailer or caravan?
- That’s covered up to $1,000.
- Reduced window glass excess
- This optional benefit applies only if noted on the Insurance Certificate, and only to front, rear or side windows.
- Hire car
- After Budget Direct agree to pay your claim they will arrange for a compact hire car for you to use until your car is fixed or your claim settled, not exceeding 14 days.
- Driver discount
- If no one under the age of 25 drives your car, let Budget Direct know and claim a discount.
- Windscreen excess reduction
- Choose to reduce your windscreen excess by varying your premium.
- Maximum no claim discount protection
- This lets you make one claim a year (or two claims in three years) without affecting your Maximum No Claim Discount (a.k.a. Rating 1)
- Roadside Assistance
- If you don’t want a breakdown, flat tyre, flat battery or anything else leaving you stranded, Budget Direct’s Roadside Assistance may be just what you need.
Why Is Budget Direct Different?
Budget Direct also offer a low kilometres policy, which is a discounted rate if your car travels no more than the number of kilometres per year shown on the insurance certificate. This option includes all of their normal cover plus a $5,000 death benefit, which is paid to your legal representative if your death results within 12 months of the incident.
Additional excesses apply if the car is driven by a person is not an excluded driver and who is 24 years or younger, or has not held a driver’s licence for at least two years.