Why Do I Need It?
AAMI Comprehensive Car Insurance provides you with the peace of mind that comes from knowing that not only are you covered for accidental loss and damage to your car, and liability cover for damage your car causes to other people’s property, but you will have great experience working for you, to resolve what needs to be done when you need it most.
When Can I Claim?
- Accidental damage – Collision or crash,
- Theft or attempted theft, malicious damage or vandalism
- Environmental damage – Hail, storm, flood, fire
What Can I Claim?
- Damage by uninsured drivers
- Damage to another person’s vehicle and property
- Up to the value of $20 million
- Emergency repairs to get you home or to a repairer
- Up to the value of $500
- Emergency travel and accommodation
- If you are more than 100km from home and your car is not safe to drive— up to $500
- Keylocks & barrels – replace and recode
- When your car keys are stolen we cover the cost of replacing the keys and recoding the locks up to the value of $1,000
- New for old replacement
- If your car is less than 2 years old and if you are the first registered owner of your car, AAMI will replace your car with a new car that they consider to be the same or similar make and model, including similar accessories, modification, tools and spare parts.
- Personal property
- When your car has been stolen or damaged in an incident, items such as clothing, electronic or telecommunication devices are covered for accidental loss or damage that results from that incident up to the value of $500
- Repair lifetime guarantee
- AAMI choose the repairer
- Storing your car
- If your car is damaged in an insured incident and is not roadworthy, AAMI will cover reasonable costs of storing your car
- Taxi service
- If you drive your car to an AMMI repair facility, they pay for a taxi to get you from there to the repairer, your home or work and back.
- Third party property insurance over a substitute car
- If during the period of insurance your car can not be driven and you use a substitute car, AAMI will give you Third Party Property Damage cover over that substitute car for 14 days.
- If your car is not safe to drive, AAMI will tow it to one of their repair facilities
- Trailer cover
- If your two-wheel trailer is attached to your car and damaged or stolen, AAMI cover up to $1,000 of its value.
For theft or attempted theft…
- Car hire costs for 21 days or until your car is returned undamaged
- Towing: If your car is found AAMI tow it to one of their repair facilities
- Up to $500 for personal items left in the car when it was stolen
- Pay out of the full insured amount if your car is not returned within 14 days
What Else Can I Cover Myself For?
Optional extras you can add to your policy to increase your cover include:
- 24/7 roadside assist for less than $7 month
- Windscreen: repair or replace your vehicle’s windscreen, sunroof, or window glass without paying the basic excess
- Hire car of a similar make and model to yours right up until repairs are completed (or AAMI confirm it is unrepairable) or your stolen car is returned. ($90/day)
Our knowledgeable team is here to discuss your options with you and answer any questions you may have.
Why Is AAMI Different?
The AAMI Safe Driver Rewards program aims to provide rewards and benefits to safe drivers. AAMI Safe Driver Rewards are only available while your car is continuously insured on the same AAMI Comprehensive Car Insurance policy. The status level you are eligible for is shown on your certificate of insurance. As you advance through the program, up to the highest status, you will progressively earn more rewards.
If you have AAMI Comprehensive Car Insurance and you, your children or your grandchildren are under 25 years of age, you or they are eligible for a free one-day AAMI Skilled Drivers course designed to improve driving awareness and competence. On completion participants will receive a discount on AAMI Comprehensive Car Insurance, until the first renewal on or after the age of 25 (available in Adelaide, Brisbane, Canberra, Hobart, Perth, Melbourne and Sydney).