Why Do I Need It?
Allianz claims to be among the lowest prices on comprehensive car insurance for drivers over 30.
When Can I Claim?
- Accidental damage – Collision or crash
- Theft or attempted theft, malicious damage or vandalism
- Environmental damage – Storm, fire, storm, flood, hail
What Can I Claim?
- o Baby capsules or child seats
- Up to $500
- Damage to another person’s vehicle and property (up to $30 million)
- Up to $20 million is allocated to cover the damage to another person’s vehicle and property.
- Cover for damage to your car if you are not at fault in an accident and the other vehicle is uninsured.
- Emergency repairs to get you home or to a repairer
- If you are unable to drive your car after an accident, we cover the cost of emergency or temporary repairs up to $500 per incident so that it can be driven or used again.
- Emergency transport or accommodation
- If you are more than 100kms from home and your car is not roadworthy, Allianz covers your cost of transport home or temporary accommodation for one night up to $750.
- Fatality cover
- If the driver of your vehicle dies as a result of the collision, Allianz will pay the driver’s estate up to $25,000. Plus supplementary bodily injury cover of $20 million.
- Keylocks and barrels – replace and recode
- Allianz replaces and recodes keylocks and barrels up to $1,000
- Legal costs
- Approved legal costs are covered
- Modifications, options and accessories
- New for old replacement
- If your new car is a write-off, Allianz replaces it with a brand new one, if it is less than two years old
- No claim bonus
- You are allowed one at-fault claim without it affecting your No Claim Bonus if you are eligible
- Personal items damaged or stolen from the vehicle
- If any personal items are damaged in an accident, or stolen from your locked car, Allianz covers up to $750 to repair or replace them.
- Repair or replacement of a towed vehicle (up to $1,000)
- If a trailer is stolen or damaged while attached to your vehicle, Allianz pays up to $1,000 to repair or replace it.
- Repair lifetime guarantee on authorised repairs
- Towing services
- If your vehicle is damaged in an incident and cannot be driven or used, Allianz tows it from the scene of the incident to a safe place, the nearest repairer or another agreed place.
- Third party property insurance over your substitute car
- Reimbursement of transportation costs if your vehicle cannot be safely driven home after a covered accident. Up to $500.
For theft or attempted theft…
- Car hire costs up to a total of 21 days
- If your car is stolen or it is unsafe to drive as a result of a theft or attempted theft, Allianz pays the cost of a hire car, from the time of the theft or attempted theft, until everything is back to normal—your car is recovered and repaired, your claim is settled if your car is a total loss—or for 21 days, whichever is shorter. ($100/day limit).
What Else Can I Cover Myself For?
You can add the following options to increase your peace of mind.
- Removal of basic excess on windscreen claims
- Rental car following an accident ($100/day limit up to 21 days)
- Tools of trade (up to $1,500)
Why Is Allianz Different?
Others charge you for this stuff. We don’t.
- Support pay-by-the-month, fortnight or annually for no extra cost
- Choose to pay your insurance premiums monthly, fortnightly or even yearly by instalments from your bank account, credit car or debit card, and we don’t charge a cent more.
- We won’t touch your No Claim Bonus when you make your first at-fault claim
You can save money on your Allianz comprehensive car insurance premium if you:
- Limit the number of drivers (Minimum premiums may apply.)
- Restrict drivers under 25 (Minimum premiums may apply.)
- Have a named driver only (Minimum premiums may apply.)
- Compare and choose your extras carefully
- Buy online and get up to 15% discount*
- Qualify as a safe driver
- Increase your excess